Friday, December 26, 2008
Why I Started
I had always idolized scholars. Well maybe idolize is to strong of a word, appreciated maybe more precises. Regardless, the inner drive that they had to contemplate the world around them and attempt to decipher "why" and "how come". The ability that they possessed to not be chained down to whimsical, superficial, and materialistic desires. What I mean by the last phrase is that what drove them was not the short lived happiness that fulfillment of these desires brings one but the thirst to achieve a deeper consciousness of the world around them. I had always felt that I did not have the mental capacity to achieve what they achieved. For the most part that hasn't' changed, but that should not stop me from contemplating for my self. In order to develop a more substantive understanding of my world I have felt the need further develop and verbalize my own thoughts and idea's of "why" and "how come". I invite discussion and more importantly disagreement with my conclusions, for I will not grow unless my thoughts are provoked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment